Taking high dosage of nicotine may kill a 160-pound individual according to the study of the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health. Nicotine is a kind of stimulant thus too much of it will cause the cholinergic neurons and cholinergric receptors to get excited. On the other hand, nicotine turns into a depressant within a fast phase. Is it addictive? Yes, it is. That is why people who are smoking really find it hard to quit. Cigarettes contain 10 milligrams to 20 milligrams of nicotine. One stick of it will give your body 1 to 2 milligrams.
So what we will be discussed here are some tips on how to quit smoking cigarette, which is believed to be the widely-used source of nicotine. Cigarettes contain other toxins like tar, ammonia, carbon monoxide. But nicotine is the most dangerous content of a cigarette for it causes the addiction itself.
Tips on How to get nicotine out of your system by quitting smoking cigarettes:
– Look for your reason or purpose of doing so. There must be a strong and personal reason for you to stop smoking. Primary considerations are your family, friends and loved ones. You may not want them to be secondhand smokers. You must also want to lower the chance of getting lung cancer.
– Have determination. You should be prepared enough for all sensations and frustration that you may encounter during the process. Just like what we said a while ago, smoking is an addiction. It makes your body and brain attached to nicotine. You may want to consider counseling or going to quit-smoking classes.
– Go for nicotine-replacement therapy. Alternatives like nicotine gum, patches and lozenges are used as aids for this kind of therapy.
– Have somebody to lean on. Open up to your family and friends. Their encouragement will keep you going. You tend to feel more determined to quit smoking.
– Find new ways to unwind. Cigarettes make a person relax but there are other options like exercising, listening to music or having a body massage.
– Avoid drinking alcohol because it might trigger or tempt you to smoke.
– Clean your house. When you want to quit smoking, you don’t want to see anything that may remind you of it. Dispose all ashtrays and lighters. Wash carpets, tablecloth, or towels that smell like smoke. Get rid of the smell in your house by using air fresheners.
– Eat more fruits and vegetables.
– Spend or buy something for yourself using the money that you saved from quitting smoking.
Quitting cigarettes may take long and uneasy but it will be surely worth it. It will benefit your health, your loved ones and you will save money.